On March 30th, Jim Marshall will be presenting "The Power of 9-1-1 Peer Support"
No one ‘gets’ the life of the 9-1-1 Pro like a 9-1-1 Pro. When the combo of stress from work and home piles up, even the best and most seasoned dispatchers can struggle. And more and more of our PSAPs have experienced major traumatic experiences they just didn’t know how to face. But what happens when you, as a PSAP family, are prepared to come alongside each other as you travel through these hardships? You can prevent burnout, improve morale, and help your peers feel encouraged and desire to stay on board.
Whether your agency is planning to build a Certified Peer Support Program or not, this introductory course is a great way to learn about the critical basics and benefits of peer support.
Here’s what you’ll experience in this unique course…
- Learn the importance and power of 911 Peer Support for the dispatcher and the center's daily life together
- Discover how practicing Peer Support can decrease toxic, draining gossip and boost more positive energy in the comm center
- Understand the benefits & limitations of lay peer support, what it is and what it is not
- Clarify the critical importance of confidentiality and how to honor it in complicated situations
- Learn when & how to refer and guide peers to professional assistance
Each class is State 911 Approved for 8 hours & runs from 0800 - 1700 each day at WFD (42 Milk St., Westborough MA 01581). The cost is $229 per person. To register, please go to www.911training.net