On March 31st, Jim Marshall will be presenting "Foundations of Emergency Mental Health Dispatching"
Throughout the U.S., our 9-1-1 Professionals and field responders are under enormous scrutiny in their management of calls involving folks with mental illness. Our highly acclaimed EMHD model – which is specific to 9-1-1 - is the
only one in the nation custom-designed from the ground up by a mental health professional exclusively to empower 9-1-1 professionals for optimal management of these crisis calls.
Certification as an Emergency Mental Health Dispatcher requires successful completion of an intensive three-day training. Yet, Jim Marshall has created this one-day Foundations of EMHD course to equip 9-1-1 Pros with the core EMHD knowledge they need to immediately boost their confidence and performance with at-risk callers. EMHD….
- Is a new Science-Driven Best Practice that empowers 9-1-1 Pros with the knowledge and tools they need for optimal response to callers with mental illness
- Boosts dispatcher ability and confidence in managing these high-risk calls
- Incorporates resilience training to optimize the 9-1-1Pro’s real-time response during high-stress calls
- Avoids “cookie cutter” solutions and allows dispatchers to think creatively using their own unique style with each unique call guided by good science.
9-1-1 Pros participating in this day of training will…
- Discover the “EMHD MindSet”: a set of key insights about callers-at-risk that fosters strong alliances, better cooperation, and less risk of violence on scene
- Practice the “EMHD SkillSet” to regulate psycho-physiological distress, rally best thinking, help the caller, AND protect dispatcher resilience
- Gain strategies to de-escalate the caller’s Mental States that can fuel worse outcomes
- Get prepared to boost confidence and decrease anxiety relating to high-risk callers
EMHD has gained initial empirical Support!
An initial research study of EMHD has yielded very promising results. While further study is needed to verify these findings, those 9-1-1Pros who participated in the three-day version of EMHD and the LifeBridges FlexProtocol™ reported remarkably positive changes in their experience:
- Significantly more confidence and less anxiety managing calls involving suicide risk and general mental health crises.
- Significantly greater sense of effectiveness in connecting with at-risk callers, assessing their risk, and intervening to reduce risk.
Class is State 911 Approved for 8 hours & runs from 0800 - 1700 each day at WFD (42 Milk St., Westborough MA 01581). The cost is $229 per person. To register, please go to www.911training.net